available everywhere! AUGUST 10, 2016
“My eleven-year old friend, Abigail, is a war-orphaned prostitute.”
She isn’t anymore. Abigail, along with countless other young girls in Liberia, is now a student—and her future is bright. All because of Katie Meyler; all because One Person Acted.
One Person Acted and Everything Changed is the answer to an important question: “Can I change the world?” Our world is chock-full of dire and complex situations, seemingly too large for any one of us to take on—yet the stories you are about to read prove otherwise. No matter your circumstances, you can change this world. Absolutely. These powerful accounts detail how ten individuals are doing just that. Along with other inspiring stories in One Person Acted, you will read the riveting accounts of:
• An owner of an insurance company who, in just two years, has already saved the lives of nearly 15,000 fleeing migrants from drowning in the Mediterranean, Aegean, and Andaman Seas.
• A staff photographer who surrendered his coveted position at National Geographic to inspire hundreds of millions of people worldwide to take action against environmental destruction and global warming.
• A recovering heroin addict, homeless from the age of 11, who leads a fearless rescue team saving thousands upon thousands of suffering animals from horrific situations.
• A psychiatrist who left his practice after twenty-three years to address global poverty and began successfully lifting millions of people out of poverty across the world.
• A fifteen year-old boy who founded a non-profit to change the way farm animals are raised, and is dramatically transforming the treatment of millions of factory-farmed animals in 90 countries.
One Person Acted and Everything Changed will personalize and transform the way you look at all of our shared challenges, from tiny and local to massive and global. Provocative, informational, and often astonishing, One Person Acted shows us how to transition from detached observer to engaged actor.
One million people ask Google how to change the world each month. If you wonder the same, get ready for an inspiring read––you may find yourself embarking on your own world-changing adventure!